Nestle CDL Driver - Local in Allentown, Pennsylvania
Are you interested in an EXCITING CAREER with an AMAZING COMPANY with OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE BENEFITS?
• Location: Allentown, PA
• Schedule: Monday-Friday, 3P-1A, 50 Hours/Week
• Starting Pay: $22.50/hr.
$1,500 SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Auto & Home Insurance
• Cell Phone Service Discounts
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discount Programs
• Educational Assistance
• Gym Discounts
• Health Rewards / Rally
• Infant Formula Program
• Legal Services
• Maternity Support
• Medical Insurance
• NESPRESSO Discounts
• Nestle Nutrition Store Discounts
• Parental Support Policy
• Pet Insurance
• Prescription Coverage
• ReadyRefresh-Home Delivery of Nestle Waters products at a Discount
• Real Recognition Points
• Tobacco Cessation Resources
• Vehicle Purchase / Lease Discounts
• Vision Insurance
• Wellness Coaching
As one of “The World’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. The Deep Frozen Supply Chain function serves the Nestlé sales team, so that they are able to provide world class service to grocery accounts across the country. Products include industry leading brands such as DIGIORNO pizza, DRUMSTICK ice cream snacks, and HӒAGEN-DAZS premium ice cream.
The Shuttle Driver's primary function is to shuttle, deliver and distribute Nestlé products to various Nestlé facilities. This position delivers and unloads palletized orders, picks up and delivers inventory and a variety of other materials, and maintains all necessary paperwork on an assigned route within prescribed timelines. Shuttle Drivers drive a company vehicle, in which knowledge and compliance with Department of Transportation (“DOT”) standards, meals/break policies, etc. is mandatory.
• Demonstrate Decision Driving skills including, but not limited to, proper following distance, proper eye lead, proper stopping distance, checking intersections, using safety wedge, proper use of horn, left/ right turn execution, seat belt use, checking and scanning mirrors, maintaining proper speed, proper lane observance, parking in appropriate locations and avoiding backing-up. Incumbent must be in compliance with DOT standards and follow all DOT policies and processes. Keep a clean and orderly cab and trailer.
• Delivers items by identifying destinations and adhering to planned routing stop. Follows prescribed travel path, adjusting to mitigate delay only when necessary. Operates truck and unloads items while maintaining schedule. Maintains delivery, truck, and driving records by obtaining receipt acknowledgements, recording tracking information and completing driver logs and truck performance forms.
• Responds to requests by resolving and/or forwarding requests concerning products, company vehicles, forklift equipment, etc.
• Optimize the loading of the carrying aid and use optimal handling technique (known as Time-to-Sell processes) to maximize productivity.
• Maintain product quality assurance by ensuring the correct truck temperature and maintenance when loading product.
• Communicate directly with co-workers on issues, openly share ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, and train new employees when applicable.
• Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones while driving, pre-trip/ post-trip inspections, proper bending, etc.), use personal protective equipment, proactively address any unsafe conditions observed and lock vehicle.
JOB ESSENTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
• Ability to practice safe working habits at all times
• Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
• Energy: Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
• Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
• Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills.
• Communication: Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers. Ability to influence others.
• Teamwork: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole. Contain ability to build rapport and good working relationship with co-workers.
• Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
• Ability to effectively deal with change and adversity in the work place, and work in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrate ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
• Ability to respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, and maintain an open mind.
Recruiter: Caitlin (419) 720-8727
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Must be at least 21 years of age for DOT covered positions
• High School Diploma / GED equivalent
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work
• Must have a valid, unrestricted Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with a driving record satisfactory to established company requirements
• Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, DOT physical and motor vehicle report
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include early morning/late night hours; Willing to work any day of the week, weekends, Holidays and required over-time as specific to role
• Must possess basic math and computer skills
• Ability to use computer ordering equipment
• Ability to work safely
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• 2 or more years of Class A driving experience in a business environment preferred
• 1-2 years of Grocery/Retail experience preferred
• 1-2 years experience owning/operating a truck preferred
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Benefit eligibility will vary based on full-time, part-time, and seasonal employee status. The above list is for illustrative purposes only and reflects current benefit offerings. Nestlé retains the right to change or discontinue benefits at any time, in its sole discretion.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain/Distribution/Transportation
Organization: Nestle USA
Title: CDL Driver - Local
Requisition ID: 18008684
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.