Nestle Manager, Strategic Revenue Management in Arlington, Virginia
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé’s presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the leading food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We’re determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our entrepreneurial culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, but also about enriching you.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.
As the Manager, Strategic Revenue Management, you will play a crucial role in aligning in-depth expertise of the SRM levers with deep commercial experience, translating how each SRM lever individually and in aggregate supports different Division and Channels/Customer teams to help them achieve their business goals.
The role will be responsible for:
• Leading a SRM division-support pod on the Arlington campus
Support growth and development of direct report(s)
Foster a team culture of high performance, team development, and service orientation
Partner and collaborate across the team and cross-functionally to drive world-class SRM practices
• Supporting alignment of business targets to SRM vision and the execution of SRM deployment across divisions with thorough understanding of landscape, opportunities and trends
Help Division drive +2% NNS/kg each year
Embed SRM scorecard and tracking SRM target within Division and with key stakeholders
Influence discipline and cultural change to embed SRM thought leadership and capabilities within the commercial planning processes (MBS, ICP, MBP), in collaboration with key SME groups
• Continuously evolving, developing, building and sharing SRM best practices for Price, Promo, PPA, Mix/Assortment across divisions
Conduct thorough analysis and synthesize insights into actionable recommendations
Monitor current execution of SRM practices to refresh feedback loop and evolution
Support plans and drive stakeholder management to standardize SRM practices across the organization
• Support development of Price/Promo capabilities across divisions:
Drive multi-lens market analyses for price and promo opportunity identification and impact estimation
Support identification of pricing opportunities and develop pricing scenarios with Brand/Sales to optimize pricing architecture
Support recommendations on price and promo per channel/customer and improvements to deliver agreed upon targets, as well as driving the SRM enablers (data, system, process and capabilities) agenda
Monitor pricing execution and perform robust post-promo analysis and optimization
Develop deep understanding of pricing (slope, curves, elasticities) and promotion (tactics, purpose, ROI, incrementality)
Drive promo strategy, continuously monitor post-event performance, and provide real-time actionable recommendations on marketplace intelligence, pre-event analysis, and gap closing
• Support the definition and execution of Price-Pack Architecture across divisions:
Support definition and execution of optimized Pack Price architecture (right pack at the right price in the right channel & ensuring profit expectations of both Nestlé & customer are satisfied) through fully understanding consumer, shopper & customer needs across prioritized channels
Develop PPA placemats for each major brand and continually monitor for PPA optimization opportunities
Support deep dive into the business, using analytics to uncover growth opportunities and refined competitive positioning, including pricing opportunities, pack size opportunities, to help NUSA win in our current categories
• Define and execute Mix & Assortment across divisions:
- Support and drive choices about which parts of our portfolio to drive in which channels/customers to win profitable share and growth
• Be the point of contact between SRM and cross-functional teams (RGM, CD Category Strategy, CMI, eComm, etc):
Work cross-functionally with division leaders, stakeholders, accounts and brands to identify profitable initiatives and opportunities
Continuous interaction with cross-functionals to ensure alignment of SRM ambitions and insights with the day-to-day execution in the field
Understand the impact decisions will have on the commercial landscape
Support track and measure financial impact of SRM initiatives
Provide deep understanding of SRM levers and the impact on the different P&L lines
In this role you will be expected to:
• Support high-level SRM strategy across a set of division stakeholders
• Develop direct report(s)
• Have deep understanding on the business drivers & KPIs, and how the SRM levers directly or indirectly impacts them
• Provide holistic, end-to-end view of the challenges and opportunities to implement and improve SRM capabilities across divisions
• Own driving a culture of consistent and sustained profitable growth
• Be a driven self-starter, identifying opportunities and being accountable for the execution of the initiatives
The SRM role will report to the Senior Manager, SRM and will partner closely with division teams to optimize price, promo, PPA, and mix for the division.
Experience & Skills
• 5-7 years of Business experience preferred, experience in the Consumer Packaged Goods industry a plus.
• 1+ years related Strategic Pricing experience preferred
• People management experience a plus but not required
• Strong track record in analytic or commercial sales/marketing roles, commercial acumen is key
• Drives confidence and momentum by providing the context and data / insights for others to think, decide and act
• Understanding of one or more of: tool development, syndicated data, promotional effectiveness, sales finance
• Familiarity with multiple data sources e.g. syndicated sales data, financial data, and consumer data
• Strong working knowledge and experience with Excel, IRI, PowerBI, Powerpoint to solve business problems and a systems aptitude
• Ability to transform data/insights into a compelling story with specific recommendations
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills across functions; collaborating with brand/category teams and other key internal/external stakeholders; effective in influencing wide variety of stakeholders
• Need commercial experience (marketing and/or sales) to guide internal conversations with marketing/sales/finance and external conversations with distributors/retailers
• Need to understand end-to-end processes of planning to execution, including navigation of systems landscape
• Understanding of financial concepts and pricings (cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, economic profit, etc.)
• Ability to embrace and lead Change Management in complex business environment
• This role requires robust stakeholder management and negotiation skills, responsible for making decisions around margin management
• Understands the impact decisions will have on commercial landscape across the NUSA organization
• Analytical thought partner who can determine which data is relevant to create actionable and measurable insights
Requisition ID: 271700
It is our business imperative to remain a very inclusive workplace.
To our veterans and separated service members, you're at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills you've gained while serving our country, such as flexibility, agility, and leadership, are much like the skills that will make you successful in this role. In addition, with our commitment to an inclusive work environment, we recognize the exceptional engagement and innovation displayed by individuals with disabilities. Nestlé seeks such skilled and qualified individuals to share our mission where you’ll join a cohort of others who have chosen to call Nestlé home.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, gender, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, perceived disability, medical condition, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other protected status, as defined by applicable law. Prior to the next step in the recruiting process, we welcome you to inform us confidentially if you may require any special accommodations in order to participate fully in our recruitment experience. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or please dial 711 and provide this number to the operator: 1-800-321-6467.
This position is not eligible for Visa Sponsorship.