Nestle Statistical Modeling & Forecasting Manager (Supply Chain) in Arlington, Virginia
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the city that transforms.
History is in the making; Nestlé USA is opening its new North American Headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, directly across from Washington, D.C. As a part of this extraordinary transformation, you have the opportunity to help build and define the Nestlé USA of today, and tomorrow.
Our new home in Arlington offers close proximity to world class restaurants, shopping, and museums. It is also home to renowned national landmarks such as the Pentagon.
Nestlé USA is transforming what we do, how we do it, and where we work. Now is the time to define your future, and ours, too. Find your fulfilling personal and professional life, matched with our competitive benefits, focus on innovation and limitless opportunities to learn and advance your career.
Discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you
A tough economic climate coupled with exponential growth in data, and the increasing power of the consumer requires that organizations have a highly developed analytics capability to stay competitive. The NUSA Supply Chain organization plays a vital role in supporting company business strategies through the development and utilization of strong analytics decision making capabilities. The Manager Statistical Modeling and Analytics will be responsible for co-developing a data driven analytics culture within the organization, applying and pursuing research in statistical modeling and analytics to improve decision making and further business objectives.
The Manager Statistical Modeling and Analytics will lead the Statistical Modeling and Analytics team and will be responsible for all projects that requires statistical modeling serving all supply chain areas, such as Planning, Fulfillment and Sales. Work with various functional teams such as Demand and Supply Planning, Physical Logistics, LGO, RBS, Business Analytics to make sure that the key priorities for Supply chain where statistical modeling is required can be executed smoothly. This position will also be responsible for:
• Staying up to date with current analytical technology and business trends within the supply chain.
• Identifying and developing business improvement opportunities within the organization that lead to major financial impact.
• Influencing organization and leadership on analytical strategy. Playing a critical role of strategic solution visionary and overall management of solution development cycle.
• Coaching and reviewing work of other team members with their projects. Scope major projects to define an appropriate approach to be applied. Lead, manage and QA large projects to minimize risk and ensure their success.
• Build and lead a group of analytical experts who will provide statistical modeling and predictive analytics solutions to improve supply chain performance. Leads and manages a team of Statistical and business analysts supporting various areas within Supply Chain from a shared services center.
• Build deep relationships with Supply Chain and related business areas to understand and develop Statistical analytics solutions for key business needs. Generate demand by translating business needs to statistical analytics projects across all supply chain areas. Understand the business issues and opportunities for each product area and how statistical analytics can add value. Work together with various functional teams team to better align on business requirements and issues resolutions. Work closely with the development team to ensure quality of solution.
• Own and manage NUSA statistical forecasting generation activities. Support demand planning forecast process, identification of gaps between actuals and forecasted values. Collaborate with Demand Planning to meet and exceed their service expectations. Collaborate with marketing and sales to ensure they are receiving the right information required to support the business.
• Work with the Supply Chain Leadership Team to coordinate and prioritize issues, projects, and initiatives.
• Manage, coach and develop the Statistical modeling and Analytics team so that they will be ready to take on positions of increased responsibility within the company.
• Lead the recruiting efforts for the department, identifying internal and external candidates to ensure a highly skilled pipeline of talent
Minimal supervision received from Director, Supply Chain Analytics. This person will be running a department within the Analytics team and will need to be able to operate as a department head. Will coordinate with the leadership team to establish priorities. Requires person to be flexible in fast-paced environment.
Will lead the Statistical Modeling and Analytics team (9), thereby, providing direct management support to subordinates.
Application of quantitative methods using statistical modeling to the operations of the supply chain with the intent of improving the supply chain’s performance, driving revenue opportunities and reducing cost of operations in our business.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• A graduate degree in industrial engineering, statistics, operations research, or a related engineering and management discipline.
• Strong knowledge of analytical techniques in statistical modeling and machine learning. Experience in formulating and implementing statistical models.
• Familiarity with statistical/modeling programming packages such as SAS, R, and related.
• Experience with Relational Databases such as SQL Server, SAP HANA and Access.
• Data Visualization experience utilizing tools like Tableau, SAP Lumira etc
• Proficiency with ERP systems (e.g., SAP) and Microsoft Office
• Experience working in a shared services, process driven or service center environment. Significant managerial experience, functional service/project experience, or outsourcing management experience
• Expertise in Demand Planning process including best practices, technologies, processes, procedures and tools
• Ability to strategically influence Supply Chain leadership, stakeholders and partners. Ability to communicate effectively through oral presentations and written reports.
• Highly developed change management skills and proven ability to challenge the status quo. Good facilitation and presentation skills, including training delivery.
• Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, including aptitude for mentoring and coaching others.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, organizational and time-management abilities.
• Candidates with experience working in multinational organization are preferred.
• Minimum of 8 to 10 years relevant experience, which may include Statistical Modeling, Predictive Analytics, Operations Research, Information Systems and/or Business Analysis.
• Experience in supply chain and logistics utilizing advanced analytics to perform Statistical Forecasting, Predictive Analytics, Optimization and Heuristics highly preferred.
• Consumer products industry experiences a plus.
• Innovation - Develop and encourage entrepreneurial or non-traditional solutions within the company and for customers; Tolerate ambiguity and stress. Ability to propose analytic strategies and solutions that challenge and expand the thinking of the working team.
• Communication - Strong listening and communications skills, with ability to clearly and concisely explain complex problems and technologies to non-expert and executive audiences.
• Planning and Organization - Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects/requests simultaneously. Proactive, fast-thinking, decision-making, flexible individual with good judgment and common sense
• Collaboration - Highly collaborative work style, with ability to provide leadership to a cross-functional team.
• Building a Successful Team - Develop structure; Facilitate goal accomplishment; Involve others; Inform others on team; Model commitment.
• Adaptable - Adjust approach to match varied task requirements; Adjust behavior to others' styles; Change priorities to meet changing demands; adjust quickly to new responsibilities and tasks.
Job: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Organization: Nestle USA
Title: Statistical Modeling & Forecasting Manager (Supply Chain)
Requisition ID: 18005736
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.