Nestle Ice Cream Maker I - Third Shift, East in Bakersfield, California
The Ice Cream Maker Level I position is responsible for operating, cleaning, and preventative maintenance of wrappers, cartoners, autocasers, coders, barcode scanners, conveyors/elevators, pumps, fruitfeeders and bundlers. These responsibilities are linked to the safe production of the highest quality ice cream products possible.
Actively participate in NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence) including participation on special CI Teams (Continuous Improvement Teams or projects) and support and participate in NQMS (Nestle Quality Management Systems) activities and processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Take an active role to ensure that human safety is never compromised.
• Comply with the Good Manufacturing Practices.
• Operate and clean assigned equipment.
• Understand and perform basic maintenance on specified equipment.
• Safely and properly clear machine jams.
• Observe machine operation to detect malfunction. Troubleshoot assigned equipment during production. Take corrective action as necessary.
• Complete pre-start checklist.
• Set up, monitor, and maintain the ink coders and verify codes.
• Load, monitor and maintain material: wrap, cartons, corrugate, shrink wrap and sticks.
• Monitor and maintain supply of hot melt glue: turn on/off; maintain glue level; troubleshoot and adjust as necessary.
• Inspect equipment for unusual or excessive wear.
• Perform sanitation critical record checks.
• Disassemble, clean, and reassemble assigned parts and equipment.
• Participate in troubleshooting of micro and environmental issues.
• Provide assistance to Ice Cream Maker Level II operator.
• Responsible for training new Ice Cream Maker Level I.
• Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Possess verbal and written communication skills. Ability to read, write, and follow instructions and correspondences. Ability to learn technical terminology.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret graphs.
• Ability to troubleshoot equipment failure.
• Ability to work well with others.
• Basic computer skills.
• Ability to make independent decisions.
• Ability to plan and prioritize work.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). One year of related experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions. The employee is required to work in an environment that may include exposure to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, electricity, and vibrations. PPE and training are provided to eliminate/reduce the risk of harm. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Organization: Nestle USA
Title: Ice Cream Maker I - Third Shift, East
Requisition ID: 19000070
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.