Nestle Category Manager - Vegetables in Cleveland, Ohio
Responsible for the development and management of sourcing strategies for local categories and subcategories. Executes Nestlé’s 7-Step Strategic Souring Process in the North American market enabling value generation through cost improvements to Nestlé business units. Builds and maintains strong working relationships with Business Partners and suppliers as the “one face” to the supply base. Tracks and manages ensure supply and responsible sourcing compliance initiatives while focusing on identification and implementation of cost improvement projects in collaboration with internal customers and suppliers.
• Nestlé 7 Step Strategic Sourcing Process Implementation (Self and Team)
- Confirm objectives, issues, market analysis, local key projects, volume growth etc. and
represent them to Above Market Category Team, and to shape strategic planning.
- Establishes and ensures the achievement of the strategic directions, objectives and KPIs for
the spend category.
- Engages with Nestlé Global Business Service to execute sourcing events by providing a
sourcing package (bid sheets, bid lots, category legal contract template rules etc.) and
management of event specific inquiries and final award decisions.
- Lead change management activities that supports the sourcing strategy and facilitate
execution to drive compliance.
- Manage Frame and Child contracts in the Contract Life Management tool based on annual
volumes by material/plant based on the coverage model.
- Ensure supply by continued development of incumbent and new supply options on an on-
• Provide Budget, Price Forecasting and other financial activities for Procurement Finance and
- Execute the yearly budget process, including Master Business Schedule and First Look
requests, according to the financial cycle established.
- Provide monthly price forecast to meaningful level of spend (may be spend category, sub
category, spec or material as appropriate).
- Analyze current forecast to previously forecast prices and prepare commentary on evolution
of category including base material price drivers.
- Support initiatives to provide additional value for Working Capital (Cash Flow).
• Ensure Supply, Responsible Sourcing, Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and
- Work to discover and deliver alternate sources of supplier ensuring business continuity and
sustainability while minimizing business risk.
- Engage suppliers to conduct Responsible Sourcing audits based on established guidelines
- Execute and manage the SRM program and document the action items and delivered
additional value to the business units.
- Provide timely and accurate information in the project tracking tool attaching documentation
based on cost savings calculation guidelines and follow-up with business partners and
finance for obtaining approval.
• Interface and Work with Functional Leadership Teams within the Nestlé Organization –
Including Business Partner Network and above market teams.
Manages supplier quality compliance at a category level.
Delivers innovation, exclusivity and first market opportunities to business units
Participate in the Supplier Facing Supply Chain initiatives within team to validate ideas and
project opportunities within the category.
- Collaborate with business units to develop and secure category sourcing strategy approvals
across functional leadership.
- Deliver value through cost and process improvement initiatives to multiple business units in
accordance to targets.
• Management of Category Buyers and/or Specialists
- Talent and Performance Management System Development (Personal Development Guide,
Performance Evaluation, Engagement Check-in and 360 Assessments).
Everyday coaching – On-going mentoring to staff.
Establish key team objectives in support of Nestlé cascading measures.
• Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required.
• Master’s Degree or higher preferred.
• CPM Certification a plus.
• 3 years purchasing and/or material management experience and/or
Technical/manufacturing experience preferred.
• SAP experience highly preferred.
• Ariba and I-Nexus experience preferred.
• Required proficiency in Microsoft Suite products, including but not limited to, Word,
Powerpoint, and Excel.
• Candidate must be detail oriented and a self-starter.
• Proven ability to analyze and present findings in a clear and cohesive manner.
• Negotiation skills are essential (to negotiate outcomes, not necessarily dollars).
• Ability to work independently to identify and research relevant market, industry, and supplier
• Capable of navigating through ambiguous situations and managing external vendor
• Ability to work collaboratively and support multiple sourcing initiatives.
• Team player that is willing and able to provide support to RFI and RFP preparation, execution
Organization: Nestle USA
Title: Category Manager - Vegetables
Requisition ID: 18008885
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.