Nestle Distribution Requirements Planner in Cleveland, Ohio
Foods people love. The life you imagined. And the city that rocks.
When you partner Nestlé USA and the city of Cleveland, the result is a rich experience that offers you a fulfilling personal and professional life.
Did you know that the Cleveland metropolitan area was ranked as one of the most affordable cities in the US by Forbes Magazine? From its diverse communities to its endless arts, entertainment and sports experiences, Cleveland continues to rock.
At our Nestlé USA Cleveland campus, located in the Solon suburb of Cleveland, you will discover the ways that Nestlé USA values and supports our employees and community. Offering you a strong culture with competitive benefits, you will have limitless opportunities to learn, and advance your career. Giving back continues to be a part of the Nestlé tradition. As the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company, our focus is not only about nourishing our customers, it’s about enriching you.
Supply Chain at Nestlé
At Nestlé USA, our Supply Chain team is driven by the desire to deliver world-class service and support to our trusted retail partners. Inspired by our company’s four key Ways of Winning – Speed, Agility, Collaboration, and Courage, Nestlé’s Supply Chain professionals strive to efficiently and effectively distribute our products “wherever and whenever” needed while fulfilling our commitments and delivering outstanding value to our customers.
The Distribution Requirements Planner is responsible to manage the inventory and distribution plans of products from production facilities to distribution centers (DC), DC to DC, to make it cost effective and efficient. The DRP Planner needs to accomplish this objective while maintaining customer service levels, reducing working capital, minimizing distribution, redeployment and overflow cost.
The DRP Planners works with the Supply Planners, Demand Planners, Warehouse Ops, Quality coordinators and Inventory Analysts to manage inventory (create storage capacity, redeploy, phase in-out, aging of stock etc.) for finished goods at factory or factory warehouses.
The DRP Planner develops and drives execution of the inventory planning and distribution strategy to deliver against growth plans of the company and divisions. Works with divisions (SC Directors) and internal departments (SC Planning, Fulfillment) to align on inventory targets, improvement opportunities, action plans, resolution of deployment exceptions and tracking key metrics that drive effective business results. Collaborates with analytics and business services teams to support decisions on inventory management and distribution strategies.
The DRP Planners are a centralized group supporting distribution requirements planning, short term space planning and inventory management processes across divisions partnering closely with SC Directors, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Warehouse Operations, Quality Co-Coordinators and Business process lead to drive alignment and execute on the Distribution plan. DRP Planners are responsible for resolving distribution plan, DC/warehouse space planning related exceptions in the long to mid- term ( beyond 10 days) horizon.
DRP Planners are responsible for DRP execution, resolution of DRP exceptions, monitoring warehouse capacity, and inventory management (expiring inventory, product transitions, low stock, overflow, etc.) outside the short term (1- 10) day horizon.
DRP Planners will have a view of the exceptions / alerts in the short-term horizon and will provide support to deployers on request
The primary responsibilities of DRP Planners include :
1 .Execution of DRP Process (Heuristics) to generate the Distribution requirements for
deployment and MPS for National and Location level demand. For specific divisions an
optimized DRP plans based on low cost sourcing models are provided to the MPS process.
- Calculate the Net requirement (National) and Compare net requirement against the
Inventory Plan Inputs using the analytics and reporting tools.
- Manage finished good inventory levels (planned actuals) at each distribution center c
onsistent with NUSA product availability targets.
- DRP Planners are responsible to identify product exclusion, substitution, customer
prioritization and allocation rules outside of 10 day horizon. DRP Planners work with demand
management specialist to update the business rules to ensure product freshness, spoilage
avoidance and minimize salvage situations. DRP Planners support the deployers in
determination of the business rules within the short term (1- 10 days) horizon.
- Adjust DRP Plans based on - i) approvals from customer on product substitutions
communicated via demand management ii) outcomes from the cross functional review
meetings iii) Requests from deployment iv) Business rule updates (ex. Customer
prioritization , product commercialization decisions, allocations, exclusions)
- Manage distribution plans in situations such as warehouse capacity shortage in the short
term, stock aging, expiring inventory, inventory redeployment, product phase in phase out,
- Collaborate with Analytics and Business Intelligence teams to analyze the distribution plan,
stock balance reports, redeployment decisions trees, dispatch plan, inventory targets
policies to identify Inventory target violations, supply issues (stock out, drop in stock
coverage etc) and the action plan to resolve DRP exceptions.
- Communicate the DRP Plan improvement opportunities, Inventory KPI tracking results,
Strategy to resolve supply issues and concerns with the Nestlé internal departments (Sale
and Marketing, Finance, Deployment, Supply Planning, Demand Planning) and divisions in
the Weekly/Monthly Cross functional meetings
- Identify issues, review all available options and make detailed recommendations for
- Work with the Planning Master Data Management team to review/modify/update the master
data and planning parameter for DRP Planning.
- Adjust the distribution plan based on the outcome from the cross functional collaboration
meetings and inputs from the internal departments.
Work with internal departments on the continuous improvement opportunities.
Support execution of deployment of finished goods from Nestlé plants and co-
manufacturers to Nestle distribution centers, in support of Nestle deployment, customer
service and efficiency targets.
- Network with respective Nestle Sales, Marketing and Manufacturing team members to gain
insight into present and future business drivers.
- Actively manage and lead process improvement projects.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in forecasting, planning, logistics, or consulting in
• Strong analytical aptitude with a proven ability to analyze/interpret data.
• Excellent oral and written skills, organizational and time-management abilities, effective inter-
personal skills, and the ability to work with personnel at all organizational levels.
• Flexibility and adaptability to the demands and requirements of a fast-paced environment.
• Strong computer skills with focuses on mathematical modeling and/or database building and
maintenance (including Microsoft Office)
• Consumer Packaged Goods experience is a plus
• Minimum of 3-4 year experience in Inventory Management roles such as; Inventory Deployer,
Inventory Coordinator, Production Planner; experience using DRP or other finite scheduling
• Analysis – strong analytical aptitude with proven ability to analyze/interpret data and problem
• Communication - expressing ideas effectively in individual and group situations. Active
• Organizational Awareness - having sufficient knowledge of the organization to identify
problems and opportunities.
• Individual Leadership/Influencing - inspiring and guiding others toward goal achievement.
• Teamwork/Collaboration - working effectively with teams and work groups.
• Organizational Skills - possessing excellent organizational and process skills.
• Initiative - taking prompt, self-directed action to accomplish objectives
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain/Distribution/Transportation
Organization: Nestle USA
Title: Distribution Requirements Planner
Requisition ID: 18008947
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.