Nestle Financial Analyst - Contract Manufacturing in Cleveland, Ohio
Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
At Nestlé , we provide high-quality products that are essential to living well. As individuals and teams, we embrace leadership, make important contributions, and support each other's professional development. Join the world's leading nutrition, health and wellness company, and deliver the satisfying foods that help people around the world through every phase of life
This position serves as co-pilot / decision support for Contract Manufacturing. The analyst gathers and interprets financial information effectively and forms data into meaningful and concise analyses while considering a broad range of interdependent issues. Identifies areas for change and makes recommendations while managing multiple demands and competing priorities.
At this level the analyst continues to develop his/her financial and technical skills, and interacts with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. The analyst exercises good judgment, stays focused on results, and ensures the integrity of financial reporting in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
This position is highly service oriented with interaction with Operations Controlling, Operations Controlling Decision Support, and Technical and Production Contract Manufacturing. A fast paced position with a wide spectrum of duties that includes Annual Plan, Current Operations and Forecasting. Responsibilities include execution of period end close and monthly reconciliations.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Support weekly health checks including analysis of material usage variances, commodity variances, and tolling purchase price variances. Complete investigation of any trends to ensure accuracy of costs and to drive operations to make any necessary improvements at contract manufacturing locations.
2. Support monthly close process, which includes Factory Cost Variance preparation and analysis, preparation of variance package by contract manufacturing location, including relevant commentary. Hold monthly meeting with business partners to review results of prior month and determine any actions needed to correct negative trends.
3. Generate monthly dynamic forecasts as well as annual operating plan. Includes investigation in pricing of raw/pack and semi-finished materials and loss factors.
4. Support database for contract manufacturing costing by line item. Include actuals, budget and forecasting. Evaluate trends and proactively communicate risks and opportunities to the ops controller teams and other stakeholders.
5. Champion our controls process.
6. Other responsibilities/ad hoc projects as assigned, including NCE measure ownership.
BASIC / ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS
• BA/BS with major in Accounting or Finance, or BA/BS degree with coursework up to and including intermediate accounting
• Must be willing to travel 10% of time.
• Minimum of three years’ experience in Accounting/Finance, preferably within cost accounting/operations finance
• Hands-on knowledge of financial statements, including balance sheet, income statement, cash flow and footnotes thereto
• Hands-on knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Standards (US GAAP) or International Accounting Standards (IAS) assumptions, principles and constraints (i.e. economic equity, going concern, monetary unit, periodic reporting, historical cost, revenue recognition, matching, full disclosure, cost-benefit relationship, materiality, and conservatism)
• Working knowledge of financial concepts & principles including cash flow, NPV, IRR, ROI, Economic Profit, etc.
• Nestlé Accounting Standards (NAS) - for internal candidates
• Knowledge of compiling information and creating a database for accurate reporting.
• Proven ability to perform balance sheet & profit/loss account reconciliations & analysis
• Demonstrated ability to comply with policies & procedures
• Ability to perform analyses of variance between actual costs and budgeted/planned costs
• Advanced financial modeling skills
• Computer skills: MS Windows, including intermediate Excel and Word, and basic PowerPoint and Access; SAP (or the equivalent) experience
Demonstrated ability to:
• Build relationships at various levels and influence decisions
• Solve problems, synthesize information from disparate sources to deliver comprehensive and actionable analysis.
• Resolve conflicts / discrepancies positively and professionally
• Commit to the first-time quality and accuracy in all work
• Manage/organize time, information and resources effectively in order to meet deadlines and respond to requests on a timely basis; multi-task
• Solve problems independently when appropriate
• Clearly and effectively communicate with others in written and verbal form
• Be service oriented, attentive to detail and committed to achieve customer / company goals
• Work effectively within a team environment
• Negotiation skills
• Apply good judgment and professional integrity in decision-making
SPECIALIZATION / EXPERTISE
• CPA, CMA, CFM preferred
• Food industry experience preferred
• Willingness to relocate for career advancement
Job: Finance / Accounting / Audit
Organization: Nestle USA
Title: Financial Analyst - Contract Manufacturing
Requisition ID: 19000216
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.