Nestle Safety, Health and Environmental Specialist in Fort Smith, Arkansas
Gerber Products Company dba Nestlé Infant Nutrition is seeking a Safety, Health and Environmental Specialist at our Fort Smith, AR facility.
This position is responsible for promoting a SH&E service mindset for our internal customers. The scope of activities includes an ability to apply established information and practices in order to encourage and continually improve SH&E and compliance within the Nestlé framework and Loss Control Objectives.
In alignment with Act 593 (B), this position is considered safety sensitive as this employee teams with HR in reviewing confidential occupational and nonoccupational information when returning employees to work. In addition, the position has access to all employee occupational medical records.
Safety and Environmental:
• Lead / facilitate investigations with cross-functional team members to identify root cause and corrective actions.
• Serves as a key safety resource for new equipment/line layout and design.
• Spends time on the floor engaging employees in SH&E activities while serving as a resource.
• Develop continuous improvement practices relating to SH&E performance. Assist with environmental efforts of ISO/OHSAS certifications, including writing policies, planning for scheduling and completing 3rd party audits.
• Must possess or be capable of possessing RCRA/DOT certification for handling of hazardous waste.
• Must be able to provide project management with technical SH&E support.
• Provide SH&E support for day-to-day plant activities and projects. Work with Production and Quality Assurance to establish and assure the quality level of the finished product complies with FDA regulations and specified quality standards.
• Develop and maintain air emissions inventories.
• Must be able to represent the factory during interaction with regulatory personnel (i.e. inquiries, inspections).
• Must serve as both a Medical First Responder and HAZMAT team member, and be able to lead each respective program in the absence of management.
• Assists SH&E Manager in managing plant SH&E processes, providing guidance and leadership to ensure compliance to Federal, State and internal Nestlé standards.
• Helps meet/maintain ISO/OHSAS certifications.
• Drafts and/or updates written standards, policies and procedures and coordinates implementation.
• Coordinates and/or conducts on-site industrial hygiene testing, and stormwater sampling.
• Assist with OSHA required forms including making updates to OSHA 300 Form, posting end-of-year summary requirements, updating SDS system, maintaining certifications and permits.
• Coordinates treatment with physicians and insurance carrier.
• Coordinates investigations of injuries, near misses and property damage incidents. Follows up to minimize future exposure and proper records/documentation are maintained.
• Develops and manages claim files, their correspondence and resolution of invoicing.
• Develops and coordinates SH&E training for Nestlé employees and contractors to ensure compliance with all Federal, State and internal Nestlé standards.
• Communicate and populate factory SH&E objectives & targets
• Follow the plant safety rules; report incidents & unsafe conditions immediately
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to the Safety & Environmental Management System(s) on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the environmental aspects of the position and take action to reduce these environmental impacts by conserving paper, electricity, water etc. Assist with efforts to reach zero waste through innovative ways to reduce, re-use and recycle.
• Follow factory food safety, quality objectives & targets
• Follow Nestle Good Manufacturing Practices; report food safety and quality issues immediately.
• Maintain compliance with regulations, and refer to Nestle Quality Management System on all related procedures and programs.
• Understand the food safety and quality aspects of the position as indicated on QMS, OJT's and SOP's that apply throughout all of these responsibilities, maintains a focus on continuous improvement.
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
Required: BA/BS Degree required, preferably in Environmental, Health or Safety related study.
Employee must support and comply with all Nestlé programs and policies, including, affirmative action goals and commitments, SHE (Safety, Health & Environment) strategies, corporate citizenship initiatives, NCE (Nestle Continuous Excellence), TPM (Total Performance Management), GMP’s (Good Manufacturing Practices) and Safety Policies to ensure employee safety and product quality. Employee must meet all requirements related to NQMS (Nestle Quality Management System) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) standards for Quality, Food Safety, Environmental Compliance and Occupational Health and Safety.
• 1-3 years experience in Safety, Environmental, Risk Management, or Occupational Health
• Working knowledge of OSHA regulations and Worker’s Compensation laws
• Working knowledge of EPA and ADEQ regulations.
• Ability to work flexible hours
• Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
• Able to lead projects
• Service-oriented attitude
• Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Skills in developing and delivering training programs
• Strong organizational/ administrative skills
Job: Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Organization: Nestle Nutrition
Title: Safety, Health and Environmental Specialist
Location: AR-Fort Smith-Fort Smith
Requisition ID: 18008680
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.