Nestle Factory Quality Specialist - Mt Sterling, KY - Night Shift in Lexington, Kentucky
The Quality Specialist performs a variety of quality control tests/inspections and/or standard microbiological, chemical,
physical or sensory testing and assays on products, materials, components, etc. at various stages of the production
process to ensure compliance with quality standards. Manages finished product release criteria (i.e. net contents,
sensory program, Critical Control Point [CCP]). Responsibilities will include internal auditing, recording statistical data
and analyzing production data to verify compliance or determine deviation from existing standards. Works closely with the
Quality Team to help identify, solve and prevent problems affecting quality and food safety.
• Employee shall follow and carry out company Quality Policy on all required Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), quality
and food safety requirements.
• Escalate quality or food safety findings or incidents to management.
• Ensures that a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are maintained and improved in
• Ensures the compliance for FSSC 22000 and ISO 9001 while driving continuous improvement for Quality metrics/Key
Performance Indicators (KPI) in their area of responsibility.
• Supports Improvement initiatives (e.g. consumer complaints, product defect reduction) with the factory.
• Assist, advise and train Production Operators in attaining Nestlé quality standards.
• Responsible for reviewing and updating factory policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs) in compliance to
• May be the Document Control Coordinator for Quality, responsibilities include.
o Supports Compliance by ensuring effective use of the factory’s document control program.
• May be responsible for Net Contents Control system support & reporting:
o Supports the functionality of the net contents control program on the factory floor.
o Prepare lot summary reports for compliance to the Quality Monitoring Scheme (QMS).
• Responsible for tracking, releasing or holding finished product from production for retail and institutional sale.
• Report out detailed information regarding the products that are held and released.
• Report out on performance indicator measures (i.e. KPIs, PPIs, APIs).
• Support traceability exercises, product trace and recall procedures.
• Support root cause analysis and provide information on deposition decisions for held product.
• Responsible for learning, implementing, teaching, maintenance and reporting data from the SAP Quality Management
• Responsible for hold product and rework/reprocessing documentation review.
• Responsible for conducting sensory sessions for raw materials, packaging and finished product.
• Provide product release support to outside warehouses.
• Responsible for supporting the factory food allergen management program and product coding maintenance.
• Supports production in decisions related to quality and food safety.
• Audits GMPs, procedures and paperwork on the production floor.
• Conducts coaching and training to employees.
• Responsible for identifying and closing gaps in procedures and/or processes.
• Supporting member of the factory Internal Audit Team.
• Participates in and/or lead problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
• Review consumer alerts and direct follow-up activities of the alerts.
• Maintain consumer complaint awareness for the production lines.
• Receives general supervision and direction from Quality Supervisor. Direction consists of clarification of factory and
department policies, priorities, and goals.
• May be responsible to coordinate day-to-day work for a small group of Technicians.
• Absence: In the absence of this person, the responsibilities of this position are delegated to the other Specialists /
• Direct ability to impact product quality and ensure only quality product is delivered to the consumer and customers.
• Contribute to the Quality Departmental budget goals.
• Innovation/Renovation: Support and participate in improvement activities and programs.
• Support the development and implementation of projects assigned to enable the achievement of business objectives.
• Manages consumer complaint team and follow-up activities.
• Support Foreign Bodies/Material Reduction team.
• Execute daily review of the Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) documentation.
• Execute Behavior Based Quality observations.
• Conducts special projects as assigned.
• Able to work flexible hours.
• Conducts daily routine sample analyses using lab techniques and other instrumentation following Good Laboratory
• Interprets data and reports on trend/data analysis to appropriate personnel.
• Monitors laboratory Internal Control Plan (ICP) on the required frequency.
• Organizes laboratory records and files, summarizes data, and prepares reports for use by management.
• Supports laboratory activities to ensure a high quality of products, services, housekeeping, and hygiene standards are
maintained and improved in laboratory and other analytical areas.
• Responsible for daily equipment maintenance, ordering, stock control, stock record entry, reporting, etc.
• Responsible for the administration, training, and execution of test methods.
• Responsible for laboratory and quality records in compliance with the factory Quality Monitoring Scheme (QMS), which
includes proper storage and retrieval.
• Assists, advises, and trains colleagues to attain the Nestle Quality Assurance Center (NQAC) requirements.
SAFETY & ENVIRONMENTAL
• Ensures compliance with all regulatory and Nestlé guidelines pertaining to safety, health, and environmental.
• Be part of the culture change towards behavioral safety improvement.
NESTLÉ CONTINUOUS EXCELLENCE
• Supports key Nestlé Continuous Excellence (NCE) initiatives at the factory.
• Participates in operational management routines (Pillar or local committees or platforms).
Other duties as assigned by manager.
• B.S. Degree in Food Science, Microbiology, Chemistry, or other related field, required.
• Prefer 2-3 years manufacturing and or laboratory (1-3 years) experience in food industry.
• Prefer knowledge of Lean Six Sigma or Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
• Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good mathematical and statistical skills required.
• Must be able to handle multiple assignments.
• Must be precise, accurate and well organized.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Must be able to perform in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
• Proficiency with computer systems, personal computers, and spreadsheet software (Microsoft Office, etc.).
• Proficiency in SAP/GLOBE systems is preferred.
Job: Quality Assurance/Food Safety
Organization: Nestle USA
Title: Factory Quality Specialist - Mt Sterling, KY - Night Shift
Location: KY-Lexington-Mt. Sterling
Requisition ID: 18008365
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.