Nestle Transportation Supervisor - City of Industry, CA in Los Angeles, California
This position works under the supervision of the Regional Sales Operations Manager and is responsible for the management and execution of Company Transportation for an assigned region. The position is considered the ambassador between internal and external customer executing operations in a manner that provides the optimum balance of Safety, Quality, Service, Cost and Performance to the delivery team which is which is approximately 15 Delivery Drivers.
This person is responsible for ensuring cost savings and service by balancing outbound finished goods to stores, cross-docks and customers. The person will manage programs to reduce empty miles, increase MPG, balance labor to volume, manage to fleet maintenance standards, execute routing via RoadNet, ensuring accurate delivery windows RoadNet, increase tractor utilization. They must ensure conformance with standards for cleanliness, appearance, and need of repair or maintenance, and directs corrective measures required to meet standards.
The Delivery Manager is responsible for developing and directing the delivery team to achieve departmental, organizational goals and Key Performance Indicators which roll up to support the strategic vision of “Owning All That Moves.”
• Maintain and support collaborative relationship with DSL, ASL and Warehouse Operations to support optimal customer service and balanced cost
• Responsible for service frequency reporting and driving data to lead aligned solutions and adjustments via VIP process
• Manage transportation costs for region
• Manage service levels to on time delivery goals
• Responsible for supporting and executing transportation strategies to reduce empty miles and increase the utilization of the company fleet
• Manage company employees and contractors
• Effectively communicate and train delivery team on how to leverage power of DSD.
• Involved in the staffing process for drivers, conduct interviews, select candidates
• Optimal utilization of company assets
• Implement Safety Programs & Initiatives to ensure OSHA & DOT compliance
• Collaborate nationally across Fleet & Distribution Network to ensure best practices and operational synergies are being achieved.
• Forecast & Build region transportation budget to include assumptions, variance analysis and monthly commentary.
• Develop strategy that maintains internal & external customer relations while ensuring optimal equipment utilization.
• Lead Nestle Continuous Excellence Initiatives
• Responsible for working with internal and external customers to maximize Payload and Cube capacity on all fleet equipment by reaching collaborative solutions focused in increasing service and effective equipment utilization resulting in a 5% improvement year over year
• Responsible for direct management of dedicated vendor operations dispatch/terminal manages
• Follow up on tactical scorecard initiatives linked to flight plans in the following KPI’s:
Empty Miles, Fuel Cost Per mile, Cost Per Mile, Payload, Incidents per Million, Miles, Dwell Time, Equipment Utilization (Hours), On Time Delivery and Temp Quality
JOB ESSESNTIALS/ ATTRIBUTES:
• Excellent decision making skills
• Leader skills, strong communication skills, and ability to align terminal goals to overall private fleet goals.
• Strong Interpersonal and People Management Skills
• Strong Oral and Written Communications skills
• Effective change agent, ability to identify, drive and support change, while operating in a matrix reporting system
• Results Oriented
• Budgeting & Financial Background
• Ability to multi-Task /Problem solve managing a 24/7 operation
• Knowledge of DOT and OSHA rules and regulations
• Ability to develop strategies & contacts that ensures optimal equipment utilization
• Knowledgeable of Human Resources rules and regulations
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Education: Bachelor of Science degree with a concentration in Supply Chain or 3-5 years or relevant experience.
• Experience: 3-5 years of experience in logistics and distribution management.
Job: Logistics/Supply Chain/Distribution/Transportation
Organization: Nestle USA
Title: Transportation Supervisor - City of Industry, CA
Location: CA-Los Angeles-City of Industry
Requisition ID: 18008633
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.