Nestle Merchandiser in New Orleans, Louisiana
Are you interested in an EXCITING CAREER with an AMAZING COMPANY with OUTSTANDING EMPLOYEE BENEFITS?
• Location: Kenner, LA
• Schedule: Part Time; Days and Hours will Vary; Must be available weekends
• 401(k) Plan
• Adoption Assistance
• Auto & Home Insurance
• Cell Phone Service Discounts
• Dental Insurance
• Dependent Scholarships
• Employee Assistance Program
• Employee Discount Programs
• Educational Assistance
• Gym Discounts
• Health Rewards / Rally
• Infant Formula Program
• Legal Services
• Maternity Support
• Medical Insurance
• NESPRESSO Discounts
• Nestle Nutrition Store Discounts
• Parental Support Policy
• Pet Insurance
• Prescription Coverage
• ReadyRefresh-Home Delivery of Nestle Waters products at a Discount
• Real Recognition Points
• Tobacco Cessation Resources
• Vehicle Purchase / Lease Discounts
• Vision Insurance
• Wellness Coaching
As one of “The World’s Most Admired Food Companies” in Fortune magazine, Nestlé provides quality brands that bring flavor to life every day. The Nestlé Dreyer’s Ice Cream division serves to provide world class service to frozen grocery accounts across the country. Products include industry leading brands such as DIGIORNO pizza, DRUMSTICK ice cream snacks, and HӒAGEN-DAZS premium ice cream.
The Merchandiser’s primary function is to support the display and stocking of Nestlé products at various customer sites in accordance to plan-o-gram specifications through executing world class service. This includes demonstrating sound safety practices while merchandising product, replenishing store freezers from back-room inventory, improving shelf positioning, increasing product display space, ensuring retail price tags are properly displayed, maintaining all Point-of-Sales materials, utilizing current flavor schematics for all products, establishing rapport/credibility with store personnel, and fostering strong communication with co-workers. The position requires driving to grocery store customers in a personal vehicle, for which mileage reimbursement will be provided per company policy.
• Merchandise frozen ice cream and pizza products to drive sales in various grocery accounts.
• Build and maintain relationships with appropriate customers in all accounts, communicate with customers during service calls and respond to customer requests.
• Follow operational standard procedures that outline route schedules (Deliver, Merchandise and Order, also known as “DMO”), merchandising principles, filling frozen shelves with product, rotating product regularly, and front facing product.
• Maintain company-owned equipment and properly handle paperwork.
• Ensure stores set to correct flavor and tag schematics, promotional displays are properly executing, and store back stock is maintained and organized.
• Identify and communicate all selling opportunities and potential issues to sales representative, respond to co-worker communications, informs co-workers of all relevant activities at accounts, communicate completion of assigned daily tasks.
• Communicate directly with co-workers on issues, openly share ideas with others, encourage performance in others, give feedback when needed, and train new employees when applicable.
• Conduct activities in a safe manner, follow corporate safety guidelines and requirements (no cell phones while driving, proper bending, etc.), use personal protective equipment, and proactively address any unsafe conditions observed.
• Ability to practice safe working habits at all times
• Initiative: Self-starter, gets involved quickly, takes on difficult tasks with enthusiasm. Takes action to achieve goals beyond what is required.
• Energy: Maintains high activity/productivity level. Operates with sense of urgency, efficiency, effectiveness and determination over extended periods of time.
• Stress Tolerance: Maintains stable and professional performance under pressure or opposition
• Detail: Strives to understand the details. Balances, analyzes and takes appropriate action. Solid planning, detail oriented and organization skills.
• Communication: Presents ideas effectively, actively listens, and works across functional boundaries with the ability to effectively communicate with co-workers and store personnel. Ability to influence others.
• Teamwork: Can work in group or alone; oriented towards the good of the whole. Contain ability to build rapport and good working relationship with multiple store personnel, including Store Managers, Assistant Store Managers and Frozen Food Managers, as well as co-workers.
• Manage job professionally and with a high level of organization
• Ability to effectively deal with change and adversity in the work place, and work in a fast paced environment
• Demonstrate ability to deliver consistent results while building organization capabilities.
• Ability to respond to change with positive attitude, offer suggestions for improvements to increase effectiveness of change, support new initiatives, and maintain an open mind.
We recommend you watch the following video that describes the job in more detail.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS & EDUCATION LEVEL:
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• High School Diploma / GED equivalent
• Must have reliable transportation to and from work
• Must have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle with valid insurance
• Successful completion of post offer background checks, drug screen, and motor vehicle report
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which may include early morning/late night hours; Willing to work any day of the week, weekends, Holidays and required over-time as specific to role
• Must possess basic math and computer skills
• Ability to work safely
• Ability to read, write and speak English
• 1-2 years of Grocery experienced preferred
This description should not be construed to contain every responsibility that an incumbent in this job may be required to perform. Incumbents are required to perform other related functions assigned.
Benefit eligibility will vary based on full-time, part-time, and seasonal employee status. The above list is for illustrative purposes only and reflects current benefit offerings. Nestlé retains the right to change or discontinue benefits at any time, in its sole discretion.
The Nestlé Companies are equal employment and affirmative action employers and looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment.
Job: Sales/Sales Services
Organization: Nestle USA
Location: LA-New Orleans-Kenner
Requisition ID: 18006015
The Nestlé Companies are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in qualified candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran.